Happy Sunday lovely readers! As we all know, fall is right around the corner and that means fall makeup! From dark smokey eyes to dark vampy lips, I’m beside myself with how much fun I’m going to have this season playing with different fall-inspired makeup looks. To start, in conjunction with my “From Day To Night and My First Giveaway! blog post, I wanted to share with you guys a day to night look I came up with using only drugstore products! (minus a few brushes, haha) I hope you enjoy this pictorial! Let me know if you’d like to see more tutorials like this or if you’d prefer them be via video. (If you have not already, learn how you can enter the giveaway at the end of this post!)
To start, I applied my favorite drugstore foundation at the moment which is Revlon’s Nearly Naked Foundation in the color “Chestnut” #280. I applied it with my fingers right after washing my face. With my skin still being a little damp, it helps the foundation set into the skin better to give you that flawless finish.
Next I applied a new eye primer that I’m trying out which is Wet N Wild’s Fergie Center Stage Collection eyeshadow primer called “Take On The Day”. I will do a review on this primer soon, but so far it’s pretty amazing! And you can’t beat this quality for the price!
On to the eyes. I picked up this eyeshadow palette, also from the Wet n Wild Fergie Center Stage collection called “Maldives Sky”. I was drawn to the warm bronzy-ish tones in this palette and thought I’d give it a try. Glad I did! I think it’s a perfect and inexpensive eyeshadow palette for transitioning to fall! The steps for the eyeshadow look I created are as follows:
1. Apply shade number one as your highlighter color with an eyeshadow brush. Here I’m using Eco Tools Bamboo Eye Shading Brush which you can find at your local CVS, Walmart, Ulta, Target, Walgreens and other drug stores!
2. Apply shade number two on the lid using the same eyeshadow brush and blend slightly into the crease.
3. Apply shade number three in your crease being sure to blend out well. The brush I’m using is a Sigma E 25 Blending Brush, but you can use the same Eco Tools shading brush to get the same result. Just be sure to blend, blend, blend!
4. To complete this eye look, take the same Eco Tools shading brush and apply shade number one in your inner tear duct area, add your favorite mascara (my favorite drug store mascara right now is Cover Girl’s Lashblast Clump Crusher!), and you’re done!
Now that the eyes are done, it’s time for blush, a bit of highlighter and lipstick! The blush I’m using is Milani’s Coming Up Roses Blush in the color “Warm Petals” (this blush is unfortunately sold out online but can be found at some of your local drug stores including, CVS, Walgreens and Meijers). I applied it with my Eco Tools Bamboo Blush Brush. I took that same brush and applied Wet n Wild’s Fergie Center Stage Collection Shimmer Palette in the color “Rose Champaign Glow” as my highlighter above my check. (I’m loving this as a highlighter!). I also applied it with the same Eco Tools shading brush on the bridge of my nose and on my cupids bow. Lastly, I applied /21/” target=”_blank”>Milani’s Color Statement Lipstick in “Teddy Bare” to finish off this day look!
To transition this look for an evening out, I simply amped up the eyes and switched the lip color. Read on for how to complete the night look!
1. Take shade number four using a pencil brush into your crease to deepen up the eye look. The pencil brush I’m using is Sigma’s E 30 Pencil brush. Also smudge that color under your lash line using the same pencil brush. For a bit more depth, take shade number two and smudge it over shade number four (using the same pencil brush) also on your lower lash line.
2. Tightline line your upper lash line using a deep brown gel liner. I’m using Loreal’s Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in the color “Espresso” (see my review on these liners here). You’ll also want to line your water line with the gel liner as well to intensify the look.
3. This step is totally optional, but if you want to add just a big more drama, try out some false lashes! Here I’m using Ardell’s Glamour Lashes – Black #116.
3. I finished off the look with /17/” target=”_blank”>Milani’s Color Statement Lipstick in “Black Cherry”. You guys, I’m so obsessed with this lipstick! It’s a kind of lipstick that looks great on darker skin tones! Finished look below!
P.S. I’m hosting a giveaway courtesy of American made clothing line, Trybe Clothing! One lucky reader will win the gorgeous and versatile black dress pictured below. CLICK HERE to enter the giveaway and see how I styled this dress for day and night! Good luck!